Louisiana Creole Gumbo COVID-19 Response
Last Updated: June 26th, 2020
As we reopen our stores, serving safe food in our communities is our priority. We’ve taken the time to refine our safety protocols as we welcome you back for our 50th year in business.
• Hand sanitizer stations at entrances for guests
• Handwashing (at least) every 30 minutes for our team
• Twice-daily wellness checks of our team to ensure everyone is safe and symptom-free
• Plenty of PPE including face masks and gloves for our team
• A lobby attendant- a dedicated team member cleans and sanitizes high-touch areas in our lobbies every hour. And they help facilitate low-contact distancing by managing pickup orders.
• Carry-out only, to facilitate safety in all lobbies
• Signage that reminds guests to keep 6 feet of distance at all times
Where can I get more information about this issue?
Information about the SARS COV-19 can be found on the Center for Disease Control’s website
Is it safe to eat at Louisiana Creole Gumbo during the outbreak?
COVID-10 is not a foodborne illness according to the CDC’s frequently asked questions. While it may be possible to become infected if an object that has the virus on it comes in contact with a person’s mouth, nose or maybe their eyes, it is not thought to be the main way that the virus spreads. It is important to vigorously wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before preparing and/or eating foods, for general safe food practices.
Why have the hours of operation changed? Will they go back to normal?
In order to have proper time each day and night to fully clean and sanitize our restaurants, we have decided to open our store with reduced hours. We are closely monitoring the state’s guidelines in determining when to return to normal business hours.
Why is the menu smaller? Are the recipes the same?
We take pride in making healthy, delicious and safe foods for our guests. In order to provide the best service and food quality, we have decided to temporarilly limit our menu to our customers favorites. We still use the same from-scratch recipes that we’ve had for 50 years!
You may direct comments or questions regarding this Covid-19 Policy via email to firstname.lastname@example.org